google-site-verification: google25a08fc65649193e.html Living in Mommywood: Over Dressed

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Over Dressed

This is a post for those parents, especially the so called girlie moms who think it is cute for their daughters to go to the park in a dress.

I have nothing against a dress, a skirt or any other item of clothing labeled for a "girl", I have a problem with the concept of time and place for dress up.

Let's for a second think outside the box, outside of what you find cute and acceptable and consider your child's feelings and thoughts.

Have you ever tried running around in your heels? Have you run up the stairs in your skirt? Do you exercise in your pantyhose? Probably NO, NO and NO, so why would you do this to your daughter?

Playtime means time to run freely, to climb, to crawl, to spill, to jump, to splash etc...
It's not that girls can't be as athletic as boys, it's that girls aren't dressed properly to be able to keep up or even compete with them.

Think about this next time your going to the park or someplace fun that doesn't require your daughter to be dressed to the nines.
This can well be said for some boys too, I mean what little boy needs a vest and bow tie to go down a slide?

Food for thought...if you are at an event that does require dress up attire, why not pack extra set of clothes keep it in the car and have them change in restroom or in back seat before you get to the park?

What do you think? Is the only way for our little girls to be little girls expressed through a dress?

Links to variety of options...stress free!!!
childrensplace.com
childrensplace.com
oldnavy.gap.com
oldnavy.gap.com
target.com
kohls.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe in freedom of speech but not at the expense of others. Please don’t confuse that with bashing, use of foul language or total disrespect of others.

Feel free to comment, post, share your own experience and ask questions all in a respectful manner. I welcome debates. Feel free to disagree and express it if you so wish but again always with respect to others. I am sure we can find ways to express our opinions without a shouting match or bullying.

I reserve the right to delete any content left on my blog that I deem not respectful to myself or others. Again we all have freedom of expression but this is my blog. By posting a comment on my blog you grant me the right to use, display, publish, reproduce, transmit and distribute your comment in any manner is see fit in the future i.e. books, video or presentation.

My goal is to host a caring, honest and respectful environment. A place where parents can have an interesting exchange with one another.