google-site-verification: google25a08fc65649193e.html Living in Mommywood: Travel Calendar

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Travel Calendar

Sometimes you grab an idea from the most unlikely place or places.
This is one of those ideas.

So over the weekend my Lil Mama and I were finally watching "The Woman in Black" with Daniel Radcliffe ( Harry Potter).
Great movie I think, I love mystery/creepy.
A scene in the movie caught my attention. It was where his son had made him a drawing for him to take on his travels. It showed how many days till they would be together again.
Light bulb moment!!!

What a great idea. I mean at some point we as parents have to leave our little ones for one reason or another, even if just for a day.
But wouldn't it be great if we could make them something to ease the stress?
In the movie, the son is the one who presents the gift but I think it would be great if we the parents did it instead.

Thursday's Treat!!!

Things you will need:
-construction paper(s)
-crayons, color pencils, markers etc...
-paper clip or stapler

You start off by getting number of pages you will need. So if you will be gone 3 days get 3 sheets plus 2 more. One for your cover one for your back.
One your cover you draw anything that represents your travel.
The sheets after, you label for each day you will be gone.
Day 1, Day 2 etc...
The back page depicts your return!!!

Now you can have your little ones draw in the blank pages showing you what they did while you were gone or you can have them leave it blank.
I would have them draw in it, I think they would feel excited to share their own drawing with you.
Done!

Present it to them before you leave so that you can start to ease the nerves. Talking about how much you will miss them but look what you can do in the meantime.
Separation anxiety is normal but we can always try something simple and fun to ease these stresses.


What are some of the things you use or do to ease Separation anxiety?
Always stress free xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe in freedom of speech but not at the expense of others. Please don’t confuse that with bashing, use of foul language or total disrespect of others.

Feel free to comment, post, share your own experience and ask questions all in a respectful manner. I welcome debates. Feel free to disagree and express it if you so wish but again always with respect to others. I am sure we can find ways to express our opinions without a shouting match or bullying.

I reserve the right to delete any content left on my blog that I deem not respectful to myself or others. Again we all have freedom of expression but this is my blog. By posting a comment on my blog you grant me the right to use, display, publish, reproduce, transmit and distribute your comment in any manner is see fit in the future i.e. books, video or presentation.

My goal is to host a caring, honest and respectful environment. A place where parents can have an interesting exchange with one another.