google-site-verification: google25a08fc65649193e.html Living in Mommywood: Peppers stuffed w/ Mashed Potatoes & Tomatoes

Thursday, September 18, 2014

Peppers stuffed w/ Mashed Potatoes & Tomatoes

Thursdays Treat!!!

Talk about flying by the seat of your pants.
I was so hungry on Monday when I left work but I knew I had to workout first before I ate dinner. While I was still in my office I started to think about what I could possibly make that would be under 45 minutes tops. I wanted to go for my walk after dinner as well and I didn't want major hassle in the kitchen.
I remembered I had bought some large peppers over the weekend while visiting my grandma in Brooklyn. I didn't want to stuff them with meat so I chose potatoes. I had also picked up 2 small plastic containers of red potatoes. I always find those boil faster than regular potatoes.

When I walked in my door I changed to my workout clothes and headed to the kitchen.

Ingredients:
- 2 large Peppers
- dozen small red Potatoes
- 2 small tomatoes
- mayonnaise
- salt

I boiled the potatoes for about 20 minutes added pinch of salt to the water.
I cut the tops off the peppers and diced the tomatoes into small but biteable pieces.
Around 10 minutes in on the potatoes I put the peppers in my toaster oven for 20 minutes.

I checked on the peppers after 10 minutes because I wanted them toasty enough to be soft but still hold their shape and have a crunch.
Once my potatoes were soft enough to mash, 20 minutes worked great, I removed from stovetop dumped the water and added 3 tablespoons of mayo. I love mayo so 3 for me was actually too little but I compromised for my Lil Mama. I mashed up the potatoes making sure the mayo was well blended in then I added the pieces of tomatoes and set aside.
I took the peppers out the toaster oven, let cool for a few seconds then grabbed with a paper towel and with a spoon began to stuff away.

This whole process took me 35 minutes start to serve. I got my workout in as it cooked and when I was done shortly after dinner was done as well. I must say delish!!! I served it for myself with some lettuce and splash of balsamic vinaigrette.


My daughter ate afterwards and gave me 2 thumbs up. We both agreed next round we would try adding some cheese and cranberries in place of tomatoes or avocado and cranberries. Great thing about cooking is you can think outside the box and create just about anything.
I left her enjoying my treat and went for my long walk, ah what a great evening!

Always stress free xo.

6 comments:

  1. Now that was a quick and tasty meal and you got your workout in as well - two snaps and a twist. Have an awesome weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Morning mama yes and yes and thank you :) you do the same enjoy Bday weekend!xo

      Delete
  2. This sounds like a great dinner idea! I love recipes like this that I can whip up in no time. Good for you getting your workout done and making dinner! You got a lot accomplished that night!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carrie welcome, thanks for visit and comments. I really did! I love easy meals after work for sure.:) hope to see you here again :)

      Delete
  3. Way to go! Dinner and a workout! Great job..
    Leslie
    House on the Way

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leslie, yes you can't beat that. Right! Thanks for visit:)

      Delete

I believe in freedom of speech but not at the expense of others. Please don’t confuse that with bashing, use of foul language or total disrespect of others.

Feel free to comment, post, share your own experience and ask questions all in a respectful manner. I welcome debates. Feel free to disagree and express it if you so wish but again always with respect to others. I am sure we can find ways to express our opinions without a shouting match or bullying.

I reserve the right to delete any content left on my blog that I deem not respectful to myself or others. Again we all have freedom of expression but this is my blog. By posting a comment on my blog you grant me the right to use, display, publish, reproduce, transmit and distribute your comment in any manner is see fit in the future i.e. books, video or presentation.

My goal is to host a caring, honest and respectful environment. A place where parents can have an interesting exchange with one another.