google-site-verification: google25a08fc65649193e.html Living in Mommywood: January 2015 in Reflection

Saturday, January 31, 2015

January 2015 in Reflection


Happy Sunday hope we are all engaged in some awesome activity today that brings both laughter and tons of smiles. I'm sure the big Game will be one of those, I don't know much about the game of Football but I like the Seahawks! We shall see...

Today I will share in my January reflections. What do I think of 2015 just one month in?
What do I hope to accomplish in the next eleven months and what I have accomplished this month.

I will begin with sharing that yesterday marked the 7th anniversary of my girlfriend Cynthia's transition. My daughter asked me how I felt about it while I was eating breakfast yesterday and I answered that I was ok. That I couldn't believe so long has past yet it seems like yesterday.
I spoke with Cynthia (well as best as you can speak with someone that is not physically present) the other morning, told her I missed her and hoped she was ok where she was at and no longer in any pain. I told her we are all good and that we are doing the best to live a for filled life. I got a little teary but then I thought about her and us and funny moments, smiled and went about my day.


I started my Saturday morning with my Yoga practice. I set my intention on Gratitude. I wanted to dedicate my whole day on reflections of gratitude, practicing gratitude and speaking with gratitude.
I focused on my forty-three years on this planet and all I have to be grateful for, even the down times, the poor times, the sad times, the failed times. They all bought me here today.

January has started with an awesome bang! Setting aside the snow and cold that I truly don't care for I've been really busy and focused on my passions.
On my writing side I'm happy to share that I've ventured out of Mommywood and started dipping my toes into other sites and blogs.
I have joined The Indie Chicks which is a self empowerment magazine plus so much more. It's full of  sugar, spice, nice and naughty. It's raw, inspirational and informative. This group of females truly live up to the label Badass. I will be contributing some of my writing am-i-good-enough touching on a variety of subjects and keeping with my philosophy stress free and woman first.
I look forward to this great opportunity and I am grateful to be accepted into their community.


I also just recently was asked by the lovely Natasha over at Epic Mommy Adventures to join her in answering some question on her Ask Epic Mommy section of her blog. She is a single mom with an adorable son named Micah, whom she adores and in her blog shares her journey through motherhood as a single women building a life and a career. This section is dedicated to all matters in connection with being a single parent. Whether you just became one, have been one or your current situation my lead up to you becoming one, this section is sure to touch on something for you.
I'm excited she asked me to chime in, I look forward to reading some of these questions. I shared link above for taste of what we have received thus far. Please come visit even if your not single, it could help someone you know.


On my photography side, I'm grateful to see my Etsy shop VisionbyMari slowly getting more views, we must start with baby steps right? Right!!! Grateful.
I also started to follow and take an online photography class geared towards IPhone users, love it. I've  learned so much so far look forward to transition into bigger camera by mid year. I've also started to pencil in camera dates in my awesome NYC. So many places to visit even if I've lived here all my life I have a different appreciation now that I'm looking at things from a different perspective. Gratitude.
instagram.com/mar_y_cielo925

So there it is January reflections! Starting strong, working hard, living life, smiling and with lots of
Gratitude.

Always stress free xo.

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like you year is off to a great start! It's amazing how much focusing on gratitude can change your perspective!

    Thank you for sharing with us at #MommyMeetupMondays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brandyn, thanks! Look forward to 2015 and all the growth for sure!!!

      Delete
  2. It seems like.January was a positive month. I love your spirit and your positive outlook on life. I hope the year continues to bring sunshine into your life. Thanks for linking up on Sunday's Best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rhonda, thank you for comments and for stopping by. I appreciate you having me over at Sunday's!

      Delete
  3. I love, love, love this! Great, simple insights! Thanks for linking this up this week at Merry Monday's!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great post! Love it! Pinned and tweeted. We love to party with you, so I hope to see you tonight at 7 pm. That would be so awesome.
    Happy Monday! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete

I believe in freedom of speech but not at the expense of others. Please don’t confuse that with bashing, use of foul language or total disrespect of others.

Feel free to comment, post, share your own experience and ask questions all in a respectful manner. I welcome debates. Feel free to disagree and express it if you so wish but again always with respect to others. I am sure we can find ways to express our opinions without a shouting match or bullying.

I reserve the right to delete any content left on my blog that I deem not respectful to myself or others. Again we all have freedom of expression but this is my blog. By posting a comment on my blog you grant me the right to use, display, publish, reproduce, transmit and distribute your comment in any manner is see fit in the future i.e. books, video or presentation.

My goal is to host a caring, honest and respectful environment. A place where parents can have an interesting exchange with one another.