google-site-verification: google25a08fc65649193e.html Living in Mommywood: Squash Pizza

Thursday, August 4, 2016

Squash Pizza

Good Morning! Enjoying the warm weather so keeping out of the kitchen as much as possible. Had a rainy day recently so stayed in did some web browsing and caught up on some movies. Decided to try this recipe I came across using some new veggies I picked up called Delicata Squash. They fit right in your hand a nice size for this tasty treat.

Thursday's Treat...Squash Pizza!

Ingredients:
-squash (small size)
-olive oil
-pasta sauce
-parm cheese
-mozzarella cheese
-plum tomatoes
-oregano
-garlic salt or powder


As I said I just came across these small Delicata squashes in my grandma's neighborhood and thought sizes were great for some healthy pizza treat. I used 4 small ones cut half length size placed them in a large bowl sprinkled 1tbsp of garlic salt or powder whichever you have handy and 1 1/2 tbsp of olive oil. I coated the squash thoroughly and set aside. I turned my toaster oven on to 350 degrees for 25 minutes. I used a cotton ball to coat the baking tray with remaining olive oil from the bowl. I laid squash pieces skin side down add sauce, cheeses and tomatoes to your preference. I used 1tbsp for sauce and cheeses and placed tray in toaster oven.


Twenty five minutes later look at my tasty treat. I ate them with some mini pretzels and lemon water as I had fun on my Ipad and left the rest for lil mama. Delish, filling and easy peasie. Clean up was just as fast. Enjoy!

Always stress free xo,
Mari

8 comments:

  1. Can't beat those pizza flavors. A great way to serve squash. Looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey mama thanks for dropping by, you know you inspire me in the kitchen. Tryin my best to stay on the healthy side xo:)

      Delete
  2. What a great way to use those giant zucchinis!! Would love to have you come and share on the What's for Dinner link up!

    http://www.lazygastronome.com/whats-for-dinner-sunday-link-up-56/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, I'll be there soon :)

      Delete
  3. You had me at pizza! Thank you for linking up over at Healthy Living Link Party. I will be featuring you for Wednesday's party! I hope to see you again ..pinned!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christina, thank you :)xo. See you next week so grateful for your support

      Delete
  4. This looks delicious! I love pizza anything! Thank you for sharing at Family Joy Blog Link-Up Party. Hope to see you back again this Sunday at noon EST.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ava thanks for stopping by appreciate support see you soon :)

      Delete

I believe in freedom of speech but not at the expense of others. Please don’t confuse that with bashing, use of foul language or total disrespect of others.

Feel free to comment, post, share your own experience and ask questions all in a respectful manner. I welcome debates. Feel free to disagree and express it if you so wish but again always with respect to others. I am sure we can find ways to express our opinions without a shouting match or bullying.

I reserve the right to delete any content left on my blog that I deem not respectful to myself or others. Again we all have freedom of expression but this is my blog. By posting a comment on my blog you grant me the right to use, display, publish, reproduce, transmit and distribute your comment in any manner is see fit in the future i.e. books, video or presentation.

My goal is to host a caring, honest and respectful environment. A place where parents can have an interesting exchange with one another.