google-site-verification: google25a08fc65649193e.html Living in Mommywood: My Queen is back! Mary J. Blige's The London Sessions Review

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

My Queen is back! Mary J. Blige's The London Sessions Review



No amount of words can describe the love I have for Mary. Yes I call her Mary or MJB, that's how closely connected I feel to her and to everything she represents.

She is that friend you have that doesn't need words exchanged to know where you are coming from or how you feel.

Her songs have been my source of strength on many days of my life.

I remember clearly the first time I heard her voice it was the summer of "92" and the song was "Love no Limit" from her debut album "What's the 411?". I was in the back seat of my friends car and everything stopped.


"Baby, there's no need to tell ya, as far as I can clearly recall

My love has been here for you so you don't have to worry at all

I'll sacrifice my time, I'll make sure you're satisfied

And it's no hard thing to the joy I'll bring, I wanna give you all of my love"


Those words! Those sentiments were exactly how I was feeling about my future partner and baby daddy.! I was hooked.

Here we are 22 years later, 2 relationship chapters closed and her songs still ring near and dear to my heart.

I had the amazing opportunity through The BLink Marketing Network & TapInfluence to get a first listen at her latest creation The London Sessions and omg I was blown away. Twelve new songs, great new beats, awesome vibe and heart stopping lyrics!

A few of her latest songs for example "Nobody But You" have a great dance beat sort of club/ disco-ish fantastic and the lyrics again as strong as thought provoking as ever. You are on an emotional roller coaster from start to finish.

Another song "Pick Me Up" has the line "misery loves company" and I just had to jump off my seat!

The single they are playing on the radio "Whole Damn Year" to me is right up there with how I felt listening to "Share My World-I Can Love You 1997".

Powerful. That is the word I choose to describe her latest work. I felt like I was part of a journey through the discovery of expressing your voice. Of finally speaking to be heard and the achievement of clarity in life.

"Worth My Time" is another cut that bought me down memory lane of past relationships. Great lyrics strong emotions.

Mary you are Today Tomorrow & Always to me, My Queen. I can only wish that you continue to grace me and the world with your talent and genuine love. You are a true artist in all its meaning. Wish you great success here's another one!!!

I participated in the Mary J Blige The London Sessions album review program as a member of bLink Marketing Network. I was provided a free album to review but all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe in freedom of speech but not at the expense of others. Please don’t confuse that with bashing, use of foul language or total disrespect of others.

Feel free to comment, post, share your own experience and ask questions all in a respectful manner. I welcome debates. Feel free to disagree and express it if you so wish but again always with respect to others. I am sure we can find ways to express our opinions without a shouting match or bullying.

I reserve the right to delete any content left on my blog that I deem not respectful to myself or others. Again we all have freedom of expression but this is my blog. By posting a comment on my blog you grant me the right to use, display, publish, reproduce, transmit and distribute your comment in any manner is see fit in the future i.e. books, video or presentation.

My goal is to host a caring, honest and respectful environment. A place where parents can have an interesting exchange with one another.