google-site-verification: google25a08fc65649193e.html Living in Mommywood: Pile it on Salad

Thursday, August 27, 2015

Pile it on Salad

My loves hello hello! Today was beautiful outside I got a lot done and worked on some me time. I invested a few hours in the park just reading and enjoying the breeze. No grandma issues today so when I got home I was hungry and ready to raid my fridge.

Thursday's Treat Pile it on Salad!!!
Ingredients:
-kale
-yellow tomatoes
-red tomatoes
-sweet peppers
-red onions
-shredded cheese
-cranberries
-sugar
-balsamic vinegar
-Olive oil
-basil
-Smirnoff Ice Peach Bellini (optional)

Serves 2 and leftovers

So the name says it all Pile on
I used 4 Campari red and 4 Campari yellow tomatoes nice thin slices, 3 sweet peppers thin slices as well, less than half an inch of red onion square slices set them aside. I used a large round serving plate and started layering first with my Kale, then my tomatoes, then 2tbps of shredded cheese (which ever you like) I used Italian five cheese, next up the sweet peppers, my onions, 2 more tbsps of cheese and a handful of dried cranberries I love the CVS brand.


I set tray aside and started on the dressing 2 1/2 tbsps of Olive oil, 2 tbsps of Balsamic vinegar, 1 tbsp of sugar and 1 tbsp of Basil. I mixed it all together in a cup and set aside.

I served myself a nice plate, drizzled my tasty dressing pulled out a nice cold Smirnoff Ice Peach Bellini (I needed it after my viejita visit) and sat down to have my dinner. Lil mama is at work so it's just me, my IPad, my emails and some music. Delish!!!
Healthy and fun, less than 30 minutes easy clean up Enjoy.


Always stress free xo.

12 comments:

  1. This is a very colourful salad, and better than being mixed in a bowl as all the heavy yummy bits fall to the bottom, I'd leave off the cranberries and add chili flakes, Thanks for sharing, #ManicMondays

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brian welcome and thanks for comments the Chili flakes sounds interesting too!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sharing your healthy and delicious salad recipe with
    us on the Healthy Happy Green and Natural Party Blog Hop. I'm pinning and sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favourite kind of salad! Looks delicious! Thanks for stopping by Pin Worthy Wednesday, hope to see you again next week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Krissy welcome and thanks for stopping by. Yes I will see what other treat I can share :) lol

      Delete
  4. Yummy and healthy salad with a very nice presentation! Thanks for sharing at #OMHGWW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Donna thanks for having me over and for stopping by. It was really tasty and fun to make!

      Delete
  5. Hi, Mari ~ This salad looks so yummy! I love all of the colorful ingredients! Thanks for sharing with us at the Merry Monday Link Party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tiffany thanks for having me over and stopping by. Yes I thought the colors would help in tricking the kids into eating it.

      Delete
  6. This looks like a yummy combination...I love the taste of dried cranberries in a salad. Thanks for joining us on Oh My Heartsie Girl Wordless Wednesday!
    Shellie
    www.thefabjourney.com

    ReplyDelete

I believe in freedom of speech but not at the expense of others. Please don’t confuse that with bashing, use of foul language or total disrespect of others.

Feel free to comment, post, share your own experience and ask questions all in a respectful manner. I welcome debates. Feel free to disagree and express it if you so wish but again always with respect to others. I am sure we can find ways to express our opinions without a shouting match or bullying.

I reserve the right to delete any content left on my blog that I deem not respectful to myself or others. Again we all have freedom of expression but this is my blog. By posting a comment on my blog you grant me the right to use, display, publish, reproduce, transmit and distribute your comment in any manner is see fit in the future i.e. books, video or presentation.

My goal is to host a caring, honest and respectful environment. A place where parents can have an interesting exchange with one another.