google-site-verification: google25a08fc65649193e.html Living in Mommywood: Broccoli Stir Fry mix & Roasted Garlic Potatoes

Thursday, February 18, 2016

Broccoli Stir Fry mix & Roasted Garlic Potatoes

Happy Thursday!

Frozen veggies and fruits have become a life saver lately. I try to visit farmers markets often to grab "fresh" food but I somehow always end up wasting more than I use. I still haven't mastered how to store food in fridge so it lasts longer. Looking at plenty of how to videos for sure so let's see what happens.

In the meantime like I said frozen has come in very handy and last night when I was tired and wanted nothing to do with the kitchen this is what I put together...

Thursday's Treat...Broccoli Stir Fry mix & Roasted Garlic Potatoes

Ingredients:
-potatoes
-bag of frozen veggies
-salt
-pepper
-onion powder
-garlic powder
-olive oil

I used 4 large potatoes for 3 people, cut into cubes and placed in a large bowl. Added 1/4tsp pepper, 1/4 tsp onion powder,1/2tsp  garlic powder and 1/2 cup olive oil mixed and let sit for a few while I got toaster oven ready. Great thing about cooking is you get to play around with taste so if you want to add or remove to suit your taste you totally can :)
I sprayed baking tray with Pam turned oven to bake on 425 for 30 minutes and laid the cube potatoes on the baking tray.


Half way through I turned the potatoes a bit just for color on both sides and dropped the veggies in the bowl with remaining seasoning from potatoes. Sometimes time doesn't allow us to thaw things out but I find with frozen veggies its totally fine especially if your steaming or cooking in low water for several minutes in my case 1/2 cup water, pinch of salt medium heat 10 minutes. I checked for flavor and added another pinch of garlic powder but you can adjust seasoning to desired taste. What was left in bowl was fine as well.

Total of 30 minutes I had great delish meal, easy cleanup and healthy. Lil mama was very happy she walked threw the door from school and the food was done. Enjoy!

Always stress free xo
Mari 

12 comments:

  1. Ooo your potatoes sound delicious! :) I love seeing what's in the freezer for quick and healthy meals like this :) Thanks for Sharing at the Plant Based Potluck :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I love Potluck shares:)

      Delete
  2. thank you for sharing with Pin Worthy Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amber thanks for support love you guys at Pin Worthy xo!

      Delete
  3. So healthy and delicious! With ingredients like these who can resist this dish! I am so glad you shared your Broccoli Stir Fry mix & Roasted Garlic Potatoes with us at the Plant-Based Potluck Party. I'm pinning and sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deborah thank you! Always grateful for your support, have a great weekend :)!!

      Delete
  4. Oh my gosh, this looks amazing!! I will definitely be making this soon!

    Thank you for sharing with us at #mommymeetupmondays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing on the "What's for Dinner" linky! This looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Appreciate you having me over see you again soon :) Thanks for stopping by:)

      Delete
  6. Anything with roasted garlic is fabulous! Thanks so much for sharing your recipe with us at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sherry thanks for visit love MM! Chat again soon I hope :)

      Delete

I believe in freedom of speech but not at the expense of others. Please don’t confuse that with bashing, use of foul language or total disrespect of others.

Feel free to comment, post, share your own experience and ask questions all in a respectful manner. I welcome debates. Feel free to disagree and express it if you so wish but again always with respect to others. I am sure we can find ways to express our opinions without a shouting match or bullying.

I reserve the right to delete any content left on my blog that I deem not respectful to myself or others. Again we all have freedom of expression but this is my blog. By posting a comment on my blog you grant me the right to use, display, publish, reproduce, transmit and distribute your comment in any manner is see fit in the future i.e. books, video or presentation.

My goal is to host a caring, honest and respectful environment. A place where parents can have an interesting exchange with one another.