google-site-verification: google25a08fc65649193e.html Living in Mommywood: Penne w/ Eggplant & Tomatoes

Thursday, June 9, 2016

Penne w/ Eggplant & Tomatoes

Good Morning everyone! I found this recipe online and tweaked it to fit what I had available last night so here's my share.

Thursday's Treat...Penne w/ Eggplant & Tomatoes!

Ingredients:
-penne pasta
-eggplant
-plum tomatoes
-olive oil
-garlic
-Parmesan cheese

6 servings

Cook pasta as normally would I did 1 whole box of small Penne on med heat for 10 minutes. As that cooked I cut 1 large Eggplant into slices than into 1/4 pieces, 2 handfuls of small plum tomatoes cut in halves and set aside. When my pasta was done I removed from heat reserved 1 cup of the pasta water and drained rest and transferred to a large bowl. I wiped down the skillet added 1/4 cup olive oil to medium heat when hot added the chopped Eggplant and cooked for 8 minutes, sprinkled 2 tbsps of garlic powder added the tomatoes mixed and covered cooked for 7 minutes or until tomatoes softened. Add your pasta back to skillet mix add some of reserved water mix again and done. I reserved cup just in case but you don't need to use the whole cup. Use enough to avoid dryness.
I served and added some Parm cheese on top, done delish, enough for 5 people and some leftovers Enjoy!

Always stress free xo,
Mari

8 comments:

  1. I love me an easy going eggplant recipe (I mean that as a compliment!), yours sounds like the perfect epitome of summer - so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sabine welcome and thanks for visit. I love easy and tasty lol. Hope to see you here again:)

      Delete
  2. So simple!! And sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing on the What's for Dinner link up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visit, glad you liked. Love the party :)

      Delete
  3. I can't think of a better way to indulge myself than with this Penne w/ Eggplant & Tomatoes. Thank you for sharing this healthy and delicious recipe with us at the Plant-Based Potluck Party. I'm pinning and sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! I love eggplant! This looks like a fast and easy weeknight dinner. Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks appreciate you guys having me over xo

      Delete

I believe in freedom of speech but not at the expense of others. Please don’t confuse that with bashing, use of foul language or total disrespect of others.

Feel free to comment, post, share your own experience and ask questions all in a respectful manner. I welcome debates. Feel free to disagree and express it if you so wish but again always with respect to others. I am sure we can find ways to express our opinions without a shouting match or bullying.

I reserve the right to delete any content left on my blog that I deem not respectful to myself or others. Again we all have freedom of expression but this is my blog. By posting a comment on my blog you grant me the right to use, display, publish, reproduce, transmit and distribute your comment in any manner is see fit in the future i.e. books, video or presentation.

My goal is to host a caring, honest and respectful environment. A place where parents can have an interesting exchange with one another.