google-site-verification: google25a08fc65649193e.html Living in Mommywood: Chicken and Tofu with Italian Roasted Potatoes

Thursday, November 10, 2016

Chicken and Tofu with Italian Roasted Potatoes

Hey! An abundance of activities have been keeping me from really documenting some of my meals but that's a great thing as a whole. It means that my Writing and Photography are moving steadily on the right tracks. I did manage to grab camera to share this meal with you just before I attended another Webinar.

Thursday's Treat...Chicken and Tofu with Italian Roasted Potatoes!

Ingredients:
-chicken (your preference is fine I just tenders because of the size)
-potatoes (I feel red cook faster)
-olive oil
-Italian seasoning
-oregano
-salt
-brown sugar
-Sazon accent
-sweet peppers
-firm tofu
-onions
-Sazon criollo
-parm cheese

I first prepped the chicken with pinch of salt, 2tbsps of Brown sugar, 2tbsps of Sazon Accent & Sazon Criollo and mixed in a large bowl. Set aside and cut up 1 pack of Firm Tofu into 1/2 inch cubes, 6/8 small sweet peppers into 1/2 in pieces, 1/2 inch slice of red onion chopped into 1/4's. In a large skillet add 2tbsps of Olive oil to medium heat once ready add your chicken pieces and cook for 15 minutes then add your tofu, peppers and onions cover and cook for another 20 minutes. You add your Tofu last 20 minutes because you don't want them to break down if they cook too long.

As that is cooking I took 5 large potatoes and cubed 1/4 inch pieces, 1/4 cup olive oil, 1tbsp of oregano, 3tbsps of minced garlic, 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese, 3tbsps of Italian seasoning and mixed all up in another large bowl till fully coated. I set my Toaster Oven to 400 and used my baking tray with a sheet of aluminum foil for easy clean up and laid out my potatoes. I cooked them in two batches because they all wouldn't fit for even cooking but that was fine because not everyone was home at the same time. I let the potatoes cook for 15 minutes turned them over and cooked for another 15 minutes and done!

The mix in flavors was really pleasant and the Tofu soaked it all in delish!!!
Always stress free xo,
Mari

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe in freedom of speech but not at the expense of others. Please don’t confuse that with bashing, use of foul language or total disrespect of others.

Feel free to comment, post, share your own experience and ask questions all in a respectful manner. I welcome debates. Feel free to disagree and express it if you so wish but again always with respect to others. I am sure we can find ways to express our opinions without a shouting match or bullying.

I reserve the right to delete any content left on my blog that I deem not respectful to myself or others. Again we all have freedom of expression but this is my blog. By posting a comment on my blog you grant me the right to use, display, publish, reproduce, transmit and distribute your comment in any manner is see fit in the future i.e. books, video or presentation.

My goal is to host a caring, honest and respectful environment. A place where parents can have an interesting exchange with one another.