google-site-verification: google25a08fc65649193e.html Living in Mommywood: This one Never gets old

Sunday, September 28, 2014

This one Never gets old

Repetition makes perfect when you are learning a skill.
Repetition is key when you want to perfect your craft, but Repetition of daily life activities, style or entertainment is that fun? Yes yes yes when it comes to my all time favorite movies, music or television shows.
Not so much books because I don't enjoy reading a book more than once.
I will go back to it and reread a passage for reference or research but unless I don't remember the book in general or I didn't grasp the message, I just won't read again for pleasure.

The 14th Challenge on September Sapphire Even Day Blog Challenge with Kimberly from beingawordsmith.com is you guessed it...Repetition.
Kimberly asked that we share our experience of the what, why, and how on our repetitive enjoyment of these forms of entertainment.

illustration by dsdominationprogramreview

I will dive right in and start with my favorite Movies, I can sit and watch over and over again...
Pretty Woman-
the concept of working with what you have at the time and then wanting more when you know better is awesome. The never losing hope of your "Prince" being out there plays to the silly romantic in me and watching a flower blossom is always fun. No need to mention 2 very attractive people in this movie.
How to lose a guy in 10 days-
I believe that in 10 days you know whether or not your into someone. It doesn't take months or years. When you know, you know. I found the truth between male and female behavior hilarious and I loved the line "you can't loose something you never had". Again no need to mention the stars.
Dear John-
love stories period. Never allow me to become to cynical about love. Keep me on the lighter, romantic side of life.
Twilight sagas-
I have a fascination with Vampires. I enjoy the history and notion of their existence. I found the idea of a love that is so impossible to be true, sweet. I enjoyed the story line and the soundtrack.
Scar face-
Greed at its extreme. Loved all the action, all the over the top lines. Al Pacino was and is so amazing to watch and one can never get sick of Tony's line "say hello to my little friend".
Transformers series-
transformations, government conspiracies, fires, fights, Tyrese, Optimus and all the in between? Enough said.

Music. It is my companion on days I have felt or feel very low and my cheerleader on those days that I can reach the sky and all is possible.


From Mary J Blige's No more Drama to Maxwell's Embrya, Juan Luis Guerra's Bachata Rosa, Drake's Nothing was the Same, Kanye West's Yeezus, Marvin Gaye's Let's get it on, Alicia Key's The Element of Freedom my style is wide and endless. I love MUSIC.

Television has been my buddy since I was a kid.


Watching Saturday morning cartoons, Scooby Doo after school, General Hospital etc...but I will always stop and watch no matter where I go or what I am doing any Little house on the Prairie  Almonzo and Laura episodes, The Golden Girls, The Nanny, Friends, NCIS, Criminal Minds or Martin.


Laughs, Romance and Crime always have my attention. And trust when I say I am keeping all things light. I didn't touch my dark side lol.

Always stress free xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe in freedom of speech but not at the expense of others. Please don’t confuse that with bashing, use of foul language or total disrespect of others.

Feel free to comment, post, share your own experience and ask questions all in a respectful manner. I welcome debates. Feel free to disagree and express it if you so wish but again always with respect to others. I am sure we can find ways to express our opinions without a shouting match or bullying.

I reserve the right to delete any content left on my blog that I deem not respectful to myself or others. Again we all have freedom of expression but this is my blog. By posting a comment on my blog you grant me the right to use, display, publish, reproduce, transmit and distribute your comment in any manner is see fit in the future i.e. books, video or presentation.

My goal is to host a caring, honest and respectful environment. A place where parents can have an interesting exchange with one another.