google-site-verification: google25a08fc65649193e.html Living in Mommywood: Dear Me

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Dear Me

Hello lovelies, today I thought I'd share something that caught my eye the other day and I wanted to give it a try. Things I would say to my younger self if I had had the chance. Turns out that there is a site you totally can do this on. It also caught my attention because as a mother of a young woman I often wonder if I would have made different choices had my mother and I been closer and had the talks my daughter and I have been having for so many years.

illustration by flickrhivemind.net

When my daughter hit her teens I would always reference to the things I would say to my younger self. I guess had I not had the relationship I had with my mother I couldn't have the relationship I have with my own daughter today. So thinking about the young me and if I had to write her a letter I would say...

Dear Me,
First please believe me when I say that nothing lasts forever and things will work out as they should just breathe. You know how independent you are? Well stay on that track BUT learn to be ok with asking for help.You know how you have no patience? Well that will hurt you down the line so gain some, learn how to slow yourself down and think before you act.

Remember that you are getting older, not younger that time is moving forward not back so literally stop and smell the Roses. Look up at the sky, take your shoes off and walk on the grass. Enjoy every new task, don't frown at what you don't know, try it.
Don't rush through your days because you are going to regret that.

illustration by meloveletters.com

Be clear. Don't use your words in haste. You know how sarcastic you can be, stop that. You know how you think you know everything, you don't. Listen carefully and learn, don't think you are only learning during school you are and will be learning FOREVER be happy and grateful about that.

When you come across that friend that first talks to you about Meditation, actually pay attention because years from now it will save your life but if you listen now perhaps the lesson will be less painful. Stay active don't forget to be playful. Participate in Gym class and test your self often. Eat better, make better choices you are on a ok path but can do even better.

illustration by flickr.com

You know how you don't like to fuse over your face? Keep that up, you won't believe how glad you will be you did. Stay confident in your choice not to follow the crowd. Don't worry too much about going that extra mile to talk to your friends. The ones meant to stay around will.

Your family will remain exactly the same. The years will only bring more distance, learn to be ok with that and slowly walk away. Make peace with the fact that every family is indeed different love them from a distance and you will be alright. The family you build for yourself will be amazing.

illustration by favim.com

About guys. You know how you think that you can change people? You can't. They are who they show you so again listen, respect and be clear. Enjoy being single it's actually nice and you can have tons of fun and when the time comes know what you want so you can be open to receive, learn to listen, talk to come to better understanding and compromising is a wonderful thing.

You are a beautiful person inside and out. You are looked upon as strong and respected for your ability to carry out what you set your mind to do. You're loyal and very loving. You will always look at yourself in the mirror and do the right thing.
Again don't forget to slow down and breathe. Now go out and be grand.
Love Me,

What would your Dear Me letter say? Would it talk about love, self esteem, career or family? Would it make you laugh, cry or smile? Share your thoughts.

Dearme.org
gma.yahoo.com/dearme

Always stress free xo.

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful letter, Mari! I could have really used this advice in my younger days. I think most of us could have! I need to check out that site. Thanks for sharing :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Candace :) yes I thought the story I saw was so adorable and loving. I am glad I gave it a shot. Thanks for dropping by xo

      Delete
  2. I really like this. I have older daughters now too. I'm pinning this so I can read it again. And following you on PInterest (Jody53) I'm glad I found you on Wake Up Wednesday. (Mom N Daughter Savings)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jody welcome and thanks for comments. Hope to chat again soon :)

      Delete

I believe in freedom of speech but not at the expense of others. Please don’t confuse that with bashing, use of foul language or total disrespect of others.

Feel free to comment, post, share your own experience and ask questions all in a respectful manner. I welcome debates. Feel free to disagree and express it if you so wish but again always with respect to others. I am sure we can find ways to express our opinions without a shouting match or bullying.

I reserve the right to delete any content left on my blog that I deem not respectful to myself or others. Again we all have freedom of expression but this is my blog. By posting a comment on my blog you grant me the right to use, display, publish, reproduce, transmit and distribute your comment in any manner is see fit in the future i.e. books, video or presentation.

My goal is to host a caring, honest and respectful environment. A place where parents can have an interesting exchange with one another.