google-site-verification: google25a08fc65649193e.html Living in Mommywood: Slowing your pace down to regroup, let's call it Hibernation Time

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Slowing your pace down to regroup, let's call it Hibernation Time

Reveal Thursday...

As I revealed last week I am a single mom and I have reentered the dating world.
One crucial part of engaging in that world is investing money on such things as clothing, dinners, movies, brunches, sightseeing, gas, transportation and so forth. A lady must be prepared for all things at all times.
All these things can put a dent on your budget if you live on one which I happen to as I am sure many of us have to as well.

So in taking stock this past weekend I realized I have spent way too much money these last few months on this activity and to replenish myself and my bank account I will be Hibernating this Winter.

What does that mean?
Well Bears hibernate in order to bypass harsh winter months that do not allow their food supply to be in abundance.  They use the summer months to prepare for the winter months snug indoors cozy, cuddly, sleeping all day.
So because I like the idea of being cozy, sleeping and cuddling at home I chose the concept of hibernation to describe what I will be doing for the next few months.

These are the things I hope to accomplish:
Save money
Challenge myself to learn something new every day
Catch up on reading some classics
Test my fearlessness
Explore my beautiful NYC , I have an amazing playground that I can indulge in for free if I just go out and look
Take my camera out for more walks more often
Invest more time with those I love
Enjoy the perks of cuddling up at home
Sharpen my cooking skills
Redecorate my home
Let my hair grow, again. I cut ten inches off to donate to Locks of Love over a year ago perhaps I can do that again for next April.
Watch some great shows I missed via Netflix
Focus more time and energy into my Yoga and meditation
Discover new ways to meet people that do not include food or alcohol

Don’t get me wrong obviously I can’t literally Hibernate as Bears do, I still have to go to work, socialize  and be an engaging parent  and by no means do I intend on not continuing to enjoy my dating adventures
all my hibernating behavior means is that in the coming months I will use other means as forms of entertainment and connection while building up my bank account and not disrupting my Budget.

Living on a Budget is not a great thing all the time but it is an amazing tool if you want to build a better future for yourself and your children.  It doesn't have to mean going without or doing less, it just means changing the way you think about things and using more of your available options.

Don’t try to live like the Jones’s because they may not be as happy as you are in your world. They may have a smile on their faces but a heavy burden to carry. The grass is not always greener on the other side.
I am getting my cave ready with all the goodies I will need. I will not keep my lessons to myself I will share of course, with you.

Here’s to Mari’s Hibernation season 

2 comments:

  1. lol too funny, all I want in my cave is Publix Raspberry Ice Tea and Hersheys Cookies n Cream and my tab :) My nutritionist will have my head if she knows I just said that lol. Its expensive to out there, thank goodness I'm not ready to start dating again but I guess in the mean time I can check out Pinterest and pin all the outfits I want to wear when I'm ready lmao

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cami! thanks for comments. Very funny, well I hope to share what I learn in the next few months so fingers crossed and hey a little treat now and then hurts no one go get some ice cream :)

      Delete

I believe in freedom of speech but not at the expense of others. Please don’t confuse that with bashing, use of foul language or total disrespect of others.

Feel free to comment, post, share your own experience and ask questions all in a respectful manner. I welcome debates. Feel free to disagree and express it if you so wish but again always with respect to others. I am sure we can find ways to express our opinions without a shouting match or bullying.

I reserve the right to delete any content left on my blog that I deem not respectful to myself or others. Again we all have freedom of expression but this is my blog. By posting a comment on my blog you grant me the right to use, display, publish, reproduce, transmit and distribute your comment in any manner is see fit in the future i.e. books, video or presentation.

My goal is to host a caring, honest and respectful environment. A place where parents can have an interesting exchange with one another.