google-site-verification: google25a08fc65649193e.html Living in Mommywood: It's not a Party without...

Friday, September 12, 2014

It's not a Party without...

I want to first and foremost shout out my blog friend and September Sapphire Even Day Blog Challenge creator Kimberly from beingawordsmith.com.
I want to wish her a


The challenge on her special day was to share some of my own favorite party ideas so this is what I pulled out of my goodie bag.

-keep it simple
-stick to a theme
-make the 99cent store your best friend and first place you look
-the cake is the most important piece, then the music, then the food
-parents always do too much, the kids only care about running around and playing
-have fun with your kids, be in the moment. This day will never come again.

Here are a few pics of theme's I've done for my Lil mama over the years. We usually went away or had a day out for her Birth day. She also liked having her day shared in school so those were fun too, but again simple and small.

this was a simple "hippy" Psychedelic theme for her 9th b'day, colorful and easy got the cake at Baskin Robbins & decorations at 99 cents store.

 for her 16th b'day again I kept it small & simple I just set up the table with all the goodies & left apt. alone, had her closest friends & some fam over and done. Her cake was a sheet Carvel Ice-cream cake with 4 pictures of her over the years as the icing. I would have loved to share the actual pics but when my computer crashed a few months back we lost a lot of pictures booooooo. The decorations I picked up at Party City.

Monkey theme!!! my lil mama loves monkeys. I did this theme for her 18th b'day.
My girlfriend did the Monkey cake for us and I got the decorations at Party City & 99 cent store.
Again, kept everything focused on the table and cake.

Always stress free xo

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for birthday shout-out! Had a great weekend celebrating it. Dollar Tree is my favorite go-to store for party stuff. I wish we had a 99 cent store in my area!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kimberly your welcome, glad you had an awesome time :).
      I hear Dollar Tree is just as good so we both lucky lol :)

      Delete

I believe in freedom of speech but not at the expense of others. Please don’t confuse that with bashing, use of foul language or total disrespect of others.

Feel free to comment, post, share your own experience and ask questions all in a respectful manner. I welcome debates. Feel free to disagree and express it if you so wish but again always with respect to others. I am sure we can find ways to express our opinions without a shouting match or bullying.

I reserve the right to delete any content left on my blog that I deem not respectful to myself or others. Again we all have freedom of expression but this is my blog. By posting a comment on my blog you grant me the right to use, display, publish, reproduce, transmit and distribute your comment in any manner is see fit in the future i.e. books, video or presentation.

My goal is to host a caring, honest and respectful environment. A place where parents can have an interesting exchange with one another.