google-site-verification: google25a08fc65649193e.html Living in Mommywood: When doing the Right thing Sucks

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

When doing the Right thing Sucks

Have you ever been in a situation where you knew what you had to do but hated doing it even though it was the right thing? Have you ever found yourself in a place you loved or speaking with someone you digged but it just wasn't the right time?

At some point we have all heard "right place at the right time". It could be work related when we really want to get that promotion or sports related when your in the field and want to stop the other team from advancing. It could be a chance to meet the love of your life.

illustration by pinterest

All these scenarios can have a variety of outcomes all because of where you may be at that moment. Now this is another Dating share, or none Dating as you will see as you read on. My single ladies, have you met that guy where you say "Damn, right guy wrong time?".  It's that place that experience and clarity have bought you to in life when your past mistakes turned into awesome lessons.

So I told you this was another one of my Dating shares or none Dating actually. What I mean is I met this guy, we hit it off from first glance, had several conversations all very informative. We had lots in common and some not so common experiences. We laughed, joked had great vibe. We shared the sort of things we were looking for in a connection. We spoke about past relations and the lessons those bought to us today, we exchanged thoughts on numerous topics and we laughed some more. But...I was in a place where I had no baggage and I was clear to take off and he was grounded with excessive baggage he couldn't shack off.

illustration by pinterest.com

No amount of laughter, jokes or conversation is going to wipe that away. No amount of wishful thinking is going to make certain things disappear. It sucked to be in that position but I had to walk away. The right thing to do was acknowledging that the timing was wrong. To say oh it would have been nice but no. To behave like a "grownup", not throw a tantrum, not roll my eyes, not suck my teeth and just say goodbye.

illustration by boymeetsgirlspeeddating

Damn, doing the Right thing sometimes does Suck but I'll be better for it in the long run. Single ladies, keep your head up and continue to do the right thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe in freedom of speech but not at the expense of others. Please don’t confuse that with bashing, use of foul language or total disrespect of others.

Feel free to comment, post, share your own experience and ask questions all in a respectful manner. I welcome debates. Feel free to disagree and express it if you so wish but again always with respect to others. I am sure we can find ways to express our opinions without a shouting match or bullying.

I reserve the right to delete any content left on my blog that I deem not respectful to myself or others. Again we all have freedom of expression but this is my blog. By posting a comment on my blog you grant me the right to use, display, publish, reproduce, transmit and distribute your comment in any manner is see fit in the future i.e. books, video or presentation.

My goal is to host a caring, honest and respectful environment. A place where parents can have an interesting exchange with one another.