google-site-verification: google25a08fc65649193e.html Living in Mommywood: Happy Easter

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Happy Easter

Keeping things light...

Today means many things to many people remembrance, celebration, observation, reflection and so forth.

With respect to all that and more since I did grow up with many religious influences, I want to share another great reason this day means so much to me.

Easter Sunday never falls on the same date but obviously on the same day of the week every year.

Nineteen (19) years ago on an Easter Sunday the love of my life was born. Guess that was my special treat!

Every year from that moment on I buy her a new bunny and some sweets. If you read my post "Oops, did I Create that?" picture nineteen (19) years worth of stuffed bunny animals. I didn't take them all down from their current storage spot because it was just too much to work with lol.

I will share the latest addition(s) to the family and a throwback picture of my lil mama dressed in observation of her special day. The new addition smells like actual chocolate!!!!

I will share that if I had to bring a deeper meaning to this day, more than the birth of my child (if anything could be deeper than that) it would be a celebration of life. Things and people die, bring about change and regrowth and with that we go and move forward to carry the lessons they left behind.

I take today to do all that and more with those that I hold dear to my heart.

Have a blessed day! Moderation on the sweets, be mindful, be loving always....stress free.



6 comments:

  1. When I was a kid, I don't remember doing egg hunting and wearing costumes. I remember it as a time for fasting and I looked forward to Easter Sunday because that's when the fasting ended. And my grandma used to cook up a storm every year for this day. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jhanis, I agree. I don't recall egg hunts lol. Thanks for visit :)

      Delete
  2. Happy Belated Easter to you and yours, Mari! (We're back from Jersey!)

    How cute is that photo above????!!! LOVE. I cannot even stand it. SO stinkin' cute...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Courtney thank you:)! Hope you guys had awesome holiday :)

      Delete

I believe in freedom of speech but not at the expense of others. Please don’t confuse that with bashing, use of foul language or total disrespect of others.

Feel free to comment, post, share your own experience and ask questions all in a respectful manner. I welcome debates. Feel free to disagree and express it if you so wish but again always with respect to others. I am sure we can find ways to express our opinions without a shouting match or bullying.

I reserve the right to delete any content left on my blog that I deem not respectful to myself or others. Again we all have freedom of expression but this is my blog. By posting a comment on my blog you grant me the right to use, display, publish, reproduce, transmit and distribute your comment in any manner is see fit in the future i.e. books, video or presentation.

My goal is to host a caring, honest and respectful environment. A place where parents can have an interesting exchange with one another.