google-site-verification: google25a08fc65649193e.html Living in Mommywood: Speaking Love. How Does your love come across to others?

Sunday, December 7, 2014

Speaking Love. How Does your love come across to others?

I always enjoy finding something in my inbox that makes me stop and review my current circumstances.

That piece of mail that connects me to an article or quote that brings reflection. Lately with my duties to my grandmother increasing I have found that my Meditation time has been cut and that reflects on my shortness of attention and some of the words coming out of my mouth.
I still meditate and I make sure I incorporate it some how along my day, sometimes several times a day. I just find that I truly need a longer sit down in order for my intent to be clear.
Clarity and Purpose are critical tools in dealing with people, especially loved ones.

I recently started following the lovely GG Renee over @ Allthemanylayers.com. I came across her through another lovely lady named Ivy over at Seebodyloveself.org.
You see I don't only follow and or read blogs on cooking, diy, fashion or parenting. I also read and or follow blogs in relation to self empowerment, health and healing.
That can mean different things to different people.

GG over at her page had a great thing going called #30layers30days and its a great exercise in connecting with yourself. In reading it I've find great motivation to remain on my path and not fall off due to emotions.
By this I mean the emotions my lack of connection with my blood relatives causes me.
She shared a great quote a few weeks ago that bought me to writing this post.


What did I take away from reading this?

I took away that in my family there is all types of love but that no one expresses it as I do. That we all may care but lack of communication makes it impossible to show. That sometimes loving people means keeping a distance so that you may keep your sanity and peace.
The language of love they speak is not nurturing. It does not come from a place of empowerment or comfort. It comes from a place of self doubt and chaos. It comes at arms length.

I don't understand that love because the language of love I speak in my home and with the family I have built for myself, it is seen, felt and heard every day.
There is no wondering, no doubt and no feeling as if the rug will be pulled out from under you at any moment.
The language is clear and with purpose. To lift , to support, to comfort, to bring peace.

My daughter and I had an exchange recently that ties into what this quote bought to me. It made me stop and think about how we have been talking. I commented we are two people and if the communication is poor it is on us to stop, take a look within ourselves and see where it is coming from. I said things along the line of I've been your mother for almost 20 years and when day comes our language is not on the same page then it's time to figure something else out.

Parenting, Motherhood, Relationships are all about "the language". Connections are all about intent. What you put in you will get back.
Be mindful of your expressions and be aware that "language" is not always just words.
Some people are not great at verbal expressions but their physical actions speak volumes. Learn how to listen even with your eyes, sometimes.
If the actions are just as clear as words would be than learn to be open to that but if the words are lacking just as much as the actions then it is time to refocus and start a conversation.

What language are you speaking? Is it clear to those you love? Are you on the same page?
Are you even speaking Love?

Always stress free xo.

10 comments:

  1. This was such a beautiful post. I've read many and this felt like it really meant something. It's are revelation to me that people can speak different languages of love. I think everyone at some point has a good nature but their way of expressing love May be different than what you had anticipated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amina, thank you for visit and comments.
      Indeed many languages of love if we stop and listen and even see the people and world around us. Food for thought huh :) thanks for dropping by

      Delete
  2. This is such a wonderful post! I couldn't agree more, sometimes we forget that we each express things differently. To take the time to learn another's "language"...as well as learning to be more clear with your own...would be just the thing to save a lot of heartache!

    Thank you so much for linking up with us at #MommyMeetupMondays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brandyn, thank you for stopping by and for comments. Love the link up!

      Delete
  3. Love this quote, it really makes you think in more ways than one. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that my son is away from home, I have become more aware of how I speak to him when he returns home to visit. The time that we have now is very precious and I have more patience with him which is reflected in my conversations with him. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Antionette, glad you enjoyed. Now that our babies are growing up investing our time with them wisely is important indeed. :)!

      Delete
  5. I'm totally in love with this! Pinned and tweeted. We appreciate you being a part of our party, and I hope to see you on tonight at 7 pm. We love partying with you!
    Happy Monday! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete

I believe in freedom of speech but not at the expense of others. Please don’t confuse that with bashing, use of foul language or total disrespect of others.

Feel free to comment, post, share your own experience and ask questions all in a respectful manner. I welcome debates. Feel free to disagree and express it if you so wish but again always with respect to others. I am sure we can find ways to express our opinions without a shouting match or bullying.

I reserve the right to delete any content left on my blog that I deem not respectful to myself or others. Again we all have freedom of expression but this is my blog. By posting a comment on my blog you grant me the right to use, display, publish, reproduce, transmit and distribute your comment in any manner is see fit in the future i.e. books, video or presentation.

My goal is to host a caring, honest and respectful environment. A place where parents can have an interesting exchange with one another.