google-site-verification: google25a08fc65649193e.html Living in Mommywood: History repeating Itself?

Sunday, September 14, 2014

History repeating Itself?

If we don't learn from the past we are bond to repeat it.
If we don't learn from our mistakes we will continue to make them.
If we don't monitor ourselves and correct our poor behavior we will continue to behave poorly.

Challenge #7 on September Sapphire Even Day Blog Challenge with Kimberly from beingawordsmith.com is Repudiation.

What are 4/5 things that you do or say currently that you proclaimed as a child/ as an adolescent/ last year that you would never do?

The things I said I would never do again in my past but found myself doing them again recently are:

1- speaking over people not allowing them to finish their thoughts
in doing so I have found myself in moments I have said something I shouldn't or I missed something that I should have heard.
2- eating candy or sweets more than twice a week
this has caused me to hear my dentist say, slow your roll cut it out.
3- allowing my interactions with my siblings to upset me
not approaching our resent interactions with the knowledge I have of our past, caused me several weeks of mental discomfort and poor attitude.
4- picking at my face when I spot a pimple
that caused me a few light marks on the side of my cheek a few months back but thank heavens for Ambi products and Coco butter.
5- going to fast food restaurants periodically over the summer
caused the picking of the spotted pimple in the first place grrrrrrrrrr.

So now that I am again clear and focused and aware that hello? Remember what happened last time? I have reset my attention and intent on a better path, one breath, one step, one day at a time.

illustration by dragongeek.deviantart.com

Always stress free xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe in freedom of speech but not at the expense of others. Please don’t confuse that with bashing, use of foul language or total disrespect of others.

Feel free to comment, post, share your own experience and ask questions all in a respectful manner. I welcome debates. Feel free to disagree and express it if you so wish but again always with respect to others. I am sure we can find ways to express our opinions without a shouting match or bullying.

I reserve the right to delete any content left on my blog that I deem not respectful to myself or others. Again we all have freedom of expression but this is my blog. By posting a comment on my blog you grant me the right to use, display, publish, reproduce, transmit and distribute your comment in any manner is see fit in the future i.e. books, video or presentation.

My goal is to host a caring, honest and respectful environment. A place where parents can have an interesting exchange with one another.