google-site-verification: google25a08fc65649193e.html Living in Mommywood: Life is simple, make better Choices

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Life is simple, make better Choices

Good morning I'd like to begin my chat with you today acknowledging the events that took place over the weekend in Florida, again another senseless ending of lives just because someone else isn't happy with theirs. I'm not going to point a finger at one group or one thing or one belief or one anything. I am just going to say that as a parent of a young lady who is often out socializing with her friends and family that no one should be going through this ever!

Every life is precious and holding on to hate just because of differences is not a representation of any God.

Automatic weapons have no place in our neighborhoods. Your house or business, our schools or shopping centers or stadiums don't require that kind of weapon for our protection. We must rethink, review and revise our gun laws. The right to bare arms and protect what is yours can still be upheld but that type of weapon is not the answer. As parents as human beings we must figure out a way to join together and protect everyone's child.

Now, with that being said I want to dive right into this thought because again it is all relevant.

illustration by myquotesclub.com

I am not going to feel any type of way about you feeling I am to blame for your misfortune. Does that make any sense to you? Well let me explain.

Most people function with placing blame. I didn't get that job because the interviewer had it in for me, I didn't get that apartment because they don't want xyz people here, my partner cheated on me because so and so through themselves at them etc etc.
Whether or not any of these examples hold a drop of truth it is what we choose to do shortly after that really matters.

How can you continuously blame an outside source for your troubles and for how long is that "truth" going to help you live your life?

Of course when bad things happen our emotions are all over the place but when we honestly stop and look at ourselves in the mirror we usually can see the answers staring back at us. We are not what happens to us but instead what we do with those events.

illustration by pinterest.com

Your man didn't cheat on you for any other reason than his choice to do so. The apartment perhaps just wasn't for you, the job...maybe you were over qualified. Choose to change your perspective, choose to acknowledge the event and keep moving, choose a better life. When you go out to lunch and had a bad meal do you go back again and order the same dish? No. Choices, we all have them choose wisely.

illustration by pinterest.com

My daughter just resigned from her job not even three months in. She was very excited about this new adventure until the blinders were taken off. Until certain behaviors clashed with her authentic self. We had many long talks over these past few weeks and two of the questions I asked her were "What were you hired for? What is your job?"At first she was offended because she felt I was telling her to just go to work and shut up but what I was picking her brain about really was for her to speak out loud her expectations verses her actual job duties. She was doing too much, she was investing too much emotional energy in a situation that didn't require it. When she realized this she thanked me for the conversation and put in her two weeks. 

illustration by quoteaddicts.com

She calls me after work yesterday to run what had happened at the end of her day by me. Her supervisor had thanked her for the two weeks notice because it really was/is a courtesy on her behalf and said that after her being there for that week they saw no need to waste her time and that she didn't have to return again. My lil mama said "for a second there I felt like I got fired, but I didn't get fired right"? I said "no vieja (I call her old lady in Spanish too) you didn't get fired you had already quit but in their eyes they see no need to risk you perhaps tampering with their stuff or just dealing with the energy and saw it best to just say goodbye." She said "oh ok then, fine." I said "yes, fine go out and celebrate be grateful for the experience and btw if in the future you do ever get fired, its ok to feel what you may feel but don't dwell on it too long it just means you weren't a good fit for what they needed. It is never personal, business is business keep it moving." She said "thanks mama, always great to hear your side" and we hung up.

Choices, is your cup always going to be half empty or are you going to view it with a smile as half full? What are your thoughts? What was a recent let down and what choice did you make? Was someone else to blame or did you decide to focus on your next option? Let's chat.

Always stress free xo,
Mari

10 comments:

  1. 100% on target. I couldn't agree with you more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As always thanks Jovina for visits and support :)

      Delete
  2. Very nice. Totally agree. I always first look at myself and ask "What was my part in it." Not a lot of people do that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Patrick nice to see you here again. It's great you make an effort to check yourself many people don't do that indeed. Thanks for visit and comments, hope to chat again soon hope your enjoying the warmer weather too :)

      Delete
  3. Great post, Mari! I so needed to read this right now. Thanks for always sharing on #TrafficJamWeekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kimberly, thank you for all the love always and I'm glad something in my share caught your attention and lit a spark xo

      Delete
  4. Oh how I agree on this in terms of life and living. Each of us have the ability to make choices. If we *choose* not to make a choice, one will be made for us. Tings can and do happen outside of us, but mostly we have our own free will and the ability to make choices which will either enhance our lives or work against us having the best life we can! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kendall welcome thanks for stopping by and commenting. Glad you liked the share. Having the best life we can is a wonderful goal!

      Delete
  5. Kudos to your daughter for being able to do what some of us never learn how to do--to put ourselves and our needs at the forefront; to NOT settle. And kudos to you for being a supportive parent/partner to her while she stands in her right to be fulfilled, respected, and feel value in whatever she chooses to do with her days. It's so much easier to just fall in line and stick things out, UNLESS we practice authentic self-expression and a real acceptance of our truest selves. Ownership of our experience isn't this woo-woo, deep thing. Instead, it's a moment by moment practice, and it sounds like you and yours are all up in that space. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for comments appreciate the support. Authentic self! Yes we are def on that path it's very healing and so for filling. We only get one life must practice plenty of self care while we can chat soon xo:)

      Delete

I believe in freedom of speech but not at the expense of others. Please don’t confuse that with bashing, use of foul language or total disrespect of others.

Feel free to comment, post, share your own experience and ask questions all in a respectful manner. I welcome debates. Feel free to disagree and express it if you so wish but again always with respect to others. I am sure we can find ways to express our opinions without a shouting match or bullying.

I reserve the right to delete any content left on my blog that I deem not respectful to myself or others. Again we all have freedom of expression but this is my blog. By posting a comment on my blog you grant me the right to use, display, publish, reproduce, transmit and distribute your comment in any manner is see fit in the future i.e. books, video or presentation.

My goal is to host a caring, honest and respectful environment. A place where parents can have an interesting exchange with one another.