google-site-verification: google25a08fc65649193e.html Living in Mommywood: No kids Allowed

Sunday, November 10, 2013

No kids Allowed

Something I came across over this past summer and as I was having dinner the other night at a Latin restaurant it came to mind again.

A restaurant in Virginia has an adult’s only policy. Is that discrimination? Do I as a business owner have no right to set guidelines for my product? How it is used, who uses it, where etc…?

It has come across mixed reviews  some parents embrace the idea, enjoy the thought and totally would go for it other parents went as far as to bash the restaurant on Facebook, call for banning the place and so on. Really?

Do I as an adult, have no right to want to go to a place where no kids are around? Why should I because I am a mother feel I have the right to take my kid everywhere? This is where I say time and place for everything. If you want to have a quiet meal you should be able to. If place you want to try has certain policy and it doesn't meet your needs, move on to the next one. Everything is not discrimination.

Your choice to become a parent shouldn't be pushed on someone else. You made that choice they didn't. I have had many a wonderful dinners both with and without my daughter. She has had many opportunities to eat at both fancy and regular day food spots. I wouldn't trade those memories for anything but I have also enjoyed my dinners without her and that is fine too. I don’t feel bad for having time with the grownups.

Reminded me of my day at the Salon, Parents not everyone wants to be around kids even their own kids all the time. No big deal, Seriously.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/lifestyle/2013/06/virginia-restaurant-latest-to-ban-kids/



2 comments:

  1. Hey honey whats going on? This is a subject that I know not much people agree on but I would be one of the individuals who is quite happy to have a restaurant with a no kids policy. I like it and parents have hundreds of other options to get a meal, it may sound mean but I welcome going to dinner and not hearing a screaming child. As well as I know if I go to Cheese Cake Factory and know its family environment and I can expect it, I'm cool too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Camii, I agree. Not everyone will be happy with this topic but thank god for options :) Thanks for visit!

      Delete

I believe in freedom of speech but not at the expense of others. Please don’t confuse that with bashing, use of foul language or total disrespect of others.

Feel free to comment, post, share your own experience and ask questions all in a respectful manner. I welcome debates. Feel free to disagree and express it if you so wish but again always with respect to others. I am sure we can find ways to express our opinions without a shouting match or bullying.

I reserve the right to delete any content left on my blog that I deem not respectful to myself or others. Again we all have freedom of expression but this is my blog. By posting a comment on my blog you grant me the right to use, display, publish, reproduce, transmit and distribute your comment in any manner is see fit in the future i.e. books, video or presentation.

My goal is to host a caring, honest and respectful environment. A place where parents can have an interesting exchange with one another.