google-site-verification: google25a08fc65649193e.html Living in Mommywood: The Reality of Equality

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

The Reality of Equality

It's like every time I turn around I hear about yet another way we as women are getting short end of the stick.

illustration provided by youtube.com

-if we marry too young it's an issue, too late same thing
-if we have our babies at a young age it's a life changer, if we wait too long it might not even be possible
-men don't prefer older women, it's like after certain number our use has expired
-women are more tolerant of their loved ones gaining a few pounds or loosing some hair but ladies...tell me does the same apply to us?
-if we chose career over family we are frowned upon and vice verse same thing
-if we are assertive we are Bitches but your man does the same and he's a go getter
-the way you dress dictates how you will and can be treated...Really?!

I can add a few more things to this list but I will leave it here and touch on this link I came across a few weeks ago.
It is work force related and as usual it's a MAN discussing what WOMEN could, should or shouldn't do.
Then once the crap has spilled from their mouths, they want to try and backtrack, re tweak the words and or apologize.
This one is in regards to Women and Pay Raise.

Ladies, let's continue to raise strong young women and respectful young men so articles such as these can become less and less of the norm.
Let's associate positive words with independence and strength in our fellow females.

Here's the link tell me what you think?
Dad's you can join in the convo too, l have tons of love for you!
It isn't about believing everything we read, its about knowledge.
Staying informed and up to date so we have the power to make wiser choices.

yahoo.com

Comments rooted in ignorance must be addressed and stopped.
Support all the women you know in their life choices, in the paths they choose to achieve their happiness.

Always stress free xo.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! His comments are just sad. It drives me crazy when people mouth off like that and then try to take it back after they get some grief via social media. He completely took back everything he initially advised. That's a good thing, but it feels a little forced. I truly believe he meant his first comments more than the retraction. Great share, Mari!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I totally believe he meant what he said it's just that today you have to be politically correct on all points and that isn't really being true to yourself. I would respect him more if he just stood behind his words smh. Thanks for visit Candace xo

      Delete

I believe in freedom of speech but not at the expense of others. Please don’t confuse that with bashing, use of foul language or total disrespect of others.

Feel free to comment, post, share your own experience and ask questions all in a respectful manner. I welcome debates. Feel free to disagree and express it if you so wish but again always with respect to others. I am sure we can find ways to express our opinions without a shouting match or bullying.

I reserve the right to delete any content left on my blog that I deem not respectful to myself or others. Again we all have freedom of expression but this is my blog. By posting a comment on my blog you grant me the right to use, display, publish, reproduce, transmit and distribute your comment in any manner is see fit in the future i.e. books, video or presentation.

My goal is to host a caring, honest and respectful environment. A place where parents can have an interesting exchange with one another.