google-site-verification: google25a08fc65649193e.html Living in Mommywood: Stay Away

Monday, December 21, 2015

Stay Away

My dolls I didn't post this yesterday because the day was filled with people I truly love to invest my time with. I got to hug up on two of my favorite yummy little people and chat up with some great friends and really live the meaning of loved ones and family. This time of year can be very trying for those who have family issues and who struggle with what family is suppose to be. For me I have made peace with what that means for me. If you find yourself in a similar place then maybe my share can help you in some way. 

illustration by pinterest.com

I know what you're thinking...
She stays away because she is "selfish".
She doesn't care about us or what we are going through.
She "thinks" she is better than us, she doesn't have time to "help" us with our problems.

Look at her, always put together.
Always has had a nice place to live.
Drives a nice car and has a great job.
Look at her, problems free.

I know what you're thinking...
She always has an answer.
She always thinks so positively.
She always wants to talk about being loving.

Look at her with her Meditation.
Look at her with her Yoga practice.
Look at her with her healthy eating and
Look at her with her uplifting thoughts.

I know what you're thinking...
She can't be for real.
She is so fake.
She hasn't changed.
She just walked away.

illustration by soreyfitness.com

The truth is your best thinking got you to this place. My reality is...

I stay away because of self preservation.
I do care about you but you don't care about your self.
I am not better than I am just different, I have the time I just don't want to waste it, I can't help you with your problem unless you help your self first.

I am put together because I have value.
I have a nice place to live because I love and respect me.
I have a nice ride because I take care of my belongings and my job is just a job I am grateful to have because it pays my bills.
I have problems, we all have problems but my problems don't have Me.

I don't always have "the" answer but I have faith there is "an" answer.
I think positive because I am open to many perspectives.
I talk about being loving because communication without love is pointless.

Yes look at me with my Meditation, if I didn't have that I would go insane.
Yes I practice Yoga because I want to grow old gracefully not diseased in mind, body and spirit like you have become.
Yes I eat healthy because I love my body, I want to take care of it so it takes care of me.
Yes I have uplifting thoughts because I always have Hope.

I am for Real, life is not as bad as you want to paint it.
I am not Fake, I just work with the cards that are dealt to me.
I have changed and because of that I Stay Away so I can continue to Love you.
I didn't "just" walk away...I decided to live, I decided to accept you for who and what you are and be ok with that.

illustration by sayingandquotes.blogspot.com

I Stay Away because of Love and with that love all things are possible.

What has loving and caring for someone made you do?

Always stress free xo
Mari

4 comments:

  1. Another beautifully written post Mari! Sometimes the best thing you can do is remove yourself from people and situations that are toxic. There is no room for negativity, and health and happiness must be prioritized. I love that you are so grounded and thoughtful and that you take the time to care for yourself as well as to care for others. You are on a great path!

    Thank you for sharing with us at #mommymeetupmondays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brandyn :) We only get one chance to live our best lives then the ride shuts off so lets do it as stress free and loving as possible. Happy Holidays and chat soon xo:)

      Delete
  2. This is a masterpiece, your position in life is infectious you move through it with no apologies and rightfully so. I feel no malicious intent whenever I read your words just like you said "self preservation" I hope you don't mind my sharing of this post with few people that are in need of these words. Have a really nice holiday Mari looking forward to reading more learning more and living more in 2016!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you John!, so grateful for your kind words. I am happy to hear it sparks some thoughts and that you shared. Thank you for the support always and look forward to your continued visits in 2016. Have a great holiday with your loved ones :)

      Delete

I believe in freedom of speech but not at the expense of others. Please don’t confuse that with bashing, use of foul language or total disrespect of others.

Feel free to comment, post, share your own experience and ask questions all in a respectful manner. I welcome debates. Feel free to disagree and express it if you so wish but again always with respect to others. I am sure we can find ways to express our opinions without a shouting match or bullying.

I reserve the right to delete any content left on my blog that I deem not respectful to myself or others. Again we all have freedom of expression but this is my blog. By posting a comment on my blog you grant me the right to use, display, publish, reproduce, transmit and distribute your comment in any manner is see fit in the future i.e. books, video or presentation.

My goal is to host a caring, honest and respectful environment. A place where parents can have an interesting exchange with one another.